We quietly posted our annual plan update last month. A few updates on Year 2 and some teasers on what’s coming.
Our favorite things from Year 2
- New team members. Janine and Erica joined DataSF to accelerate data automation and services and internal data sharing, respectively. Read more about them and how awesome they are.
- 133 new datasets versus 49 last year (171% increase) and the automation program to make it happen
- 2 rounds of publishing plans and automated reporting on open data metrics
- Brand new help desk with 384 tickets and counting
- 34 classes via Data Academy
- Advancing data governance and infrastructure through ShareSF, HOPE SF, Our Children Our Families and more
- New partners with What Works Cities and the Harvard Ash Center
And so much more…read Year 2 in Review in our new plan.
Focus in Year 3
In Year 3, we are maintaining and improving our open data work but deepening and expanding work in several additional areas:
- Internal data sharing for coordinated care
- Data infrastructure and services
- Data governance and management (we added a new goal for this)
- Putting our data to work with analytics and special projects
Some fun things underway this quarter (Jul - Sep)
- Re-imagining the open data portal experience
- Relaunching geo data to be easier to use
- A framework for open data and privacy
- Faster, easier, better data publishing
- Metadata platform
- Data quality tools and resources
- Unifying our web properties
Read the whole plan or check out our 1 page strategy map. The appendix links to some documents that go into detail about our thinking on data governance, quality, and integration; geo data services; and our technology and services architecture.
Many thanks to a great team and all the partners we had a chance to work with this last year!