About This Course
Have you ever wanted to change the way your workplace operates but didn’t know where to begin? Wish you could clear the obstacles in your daily work or reduce bureaucracy for your customers? This training aims to introduce you to the Lean methodology and the tools you need to rapidly improve the work you do every day. Participants will leave this one-day training with tools to identify and eliminate obstacles, provide services to customers more quickly and effectively, and spend more time on what’s most important. You’re the expert on improving your own department’s processes–this training will equip you with the tools to do it!
Please note: This course is a 4-hour training and will use a moderated sign-up process. Every trainee will be required to complete one small innovation and send it to their training facilitator after the training is over.
What You’ll Learn In This Course
- How to get insight into your work through observation and measurement
- How to analyze performance
- Tools to identify obstacles in your work, including process mapping, five whys, fishbone diagrams, spaghetti diagrams, and the impact/effort matrix
- Tools to eliminate obstacles, including standard work and visual management
- How to translate your analysis into concrete ideas for improvement
- How to communicate improvement plans to stakeholders and supervisors
- How to create a plan, execute it and track progress
- Learn more on the City Performance Lean Program website