About This Course
*** Data Academy has suspended its in-person classes due to the City’s Shelter-in-Place Directive. Meanwhile, please take advantage of the free SF Public Library online Introduction to Microsoft Excel from Gale Courses if you have a library card, or other Excel related analytics courses at EDX.org (audits only).***
This classroom-based workshop is the first in a series of workshops on Excel offered by the Data Academy. It covers very basic topics and assumes no prior experience with the program.
By the end of the class, you’ll be comfortable navigating around an Excel workbook and have a basic understanding of how to use simple formulas and formatting to make your work more efficient.
What You’ll Learn In This Course
This course will cover the following topics:
- Structure of an Excel Document
- Entering Data into Cells
- Referencing other Cells
- Structure of Functions
- Selecting & Moving Data
- Spreading Functions
- Basic Formatting
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Basics of Charts in Excel
- Lynda.com offers free resources on common Excel topics. Click here to find out how to sign up for a free account.
- San Francisco Public Library
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel from Gale Courses (6 weeks, 24hrs total)
- Department of Human Resources
- Hyperlinks to additional resources: