About this course
This classroom based workshop is the first in a series of workshops on Tableau offered by the Data Academy. Tableau Public is a free data visualization software that allows you to quickly create charts, maps, and dashboards with interactive filtering and drill-down capabilities.
In this training, we will orient you to Tableau’s user interface and show you how to make basic charts with open datasets in your department. We will also show you how Tableau’s interactive features add another analytical dimension to your data visualizations.
What you’ll learn
Please click the below links to access how-to guides! Some links will direct you to sign up for a free Tableau Public account.
- Why you should visualize your data and how Tableau can help
- How to format source data and import it into Tableau
- What basic tools you have at your disposal in a Tableau worksheet, including:
- How Tableau defines and formats different variable types
- Hands-on exercises to practice answering management questions by:
- How to share the visualizations you build with others
- Lynda - click here to learn how to sign up for a free Lynda account
- Tableau 9 Essential Training (2h 55m, total)
- Data Visualization and Communication in Tableau (5 weeks, 3 - 5 hours per week)