About This Course
This classroom based workshop is the first in a series of workshops on Excel offered by the Data Academy. It covers very basic topics and assumes no prior experience with the program.
What You’ll Learn In This Course
This course will cover the following topics:
- Features of Excel and the tool ribbon
- Basic shortcuts
- Filtering and sorting
- Simple algebra
- Using formulas for basic summary statistics
- COUNTIF, COUNTA functions
- Absolute vs relative cell references
- Lynda.com offers free resources on common Excel topics. Click here to find out how to sign up for a free account.
- San Francisco Public Library
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel from Gale Courses (6 weeks, 24hrs total)
- Department of Human Resources
- Hyperlinks to additional resources: